Hi Friends in this post can guide you in resolving DISM Error 50 on your Windows system. DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and management) is a powerful tool for restoring your Windows desktop and fixing various errors, including Video Scheduler Internal BSOD errors. Also, you may encounter DISM Error 87 on Windows 10/11 when running DISM on Command Prompt.
DISM Error 50 on Windows
DISM does not support servicing Windows PE with the /online option
if an ‘Error code 50’ appears during DISM execution. This error can be caused by a corrupted Windows registry file.
Follow these steps to fix it:
1,Refresh DISM to fix ‘Error 50’ on Windows
Follow these steps to resolve the DISM command error:
- Open the Command Prompt with administrative rights by clicking ‘Start’ from the menu bar.
- Execute the
|“dism.exe /image:C: /cleanup-image /revertpendingactions”|
command on Command Prompt by pressing ‘Enter’.
- Under ‘System Configuration’, navigate to the ‘Boot’ tab.
- Select the ‘Safe Boot’ option and choose ‘Minimal’.
- Click ‘Apply’ to save the changes, then select ‘OK’.
- Open the Command Prompt in Safe Mode with administrative privileges and enter
- Restart your desktop and verify if the DISM command error is fixed.
2,Use the Command Prompt to Fix DISM the ‘Error 50’
To resolve the ‘Error 50’, use Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth as follows:
- Use the Windows Installation Media available on Microsoft’s website to install Windows.
- Launch Command Prompt by pressing ‘Shift’ + ‘F10’ on the first screen or in Windows RE.
- Use the command
|‘wmic logicaldisk get name’|
to obtain a list of system partitions.
- Running ‘dir drive-letter:’ with the appropriate letter will reveal the Windows folder’s drive letter.
- Replace the letter ‘X’ with the drive letter you identified when running
‘dism.exe /Image:X:/ /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth’.
- ‘Error 0x800f081f’ can be resolved by using the Windows Setup wizard.
|‘SFC /SCANNOW /OFFBOOTDIR=D://OFFWINDIR=D:/Windows’|
after rebooting in Safe Mode.
- The ‘Error 50’ should be resolved by rebooting normally.
3, Delete the corrupt Registry from Windows Registry
- To open the Windows Registry Editor, press ‘Windows’ + ‘R’ on your keyboard to launch the ‘Run’ dialog box, then type ‘regedit’ and click ‘OK’.
- Once the Registry Editor is open, locate and right-click the ‘MiniNT’ folder.
- From the drop-down menu, select ‘Permissions’ and then choose your username from the list of ‘Groups or usernames‘.
- Next, select the ‘Allow’ option in the ‘Full Control’ setting and click ‘OK’ to close the dialog box.
- Right-click on the ‘MiniNT’ folder again and select ‘Delete’. Restart your Windows desktop.
- After restarting, open an elevated Command Prompt and run the DISM command to check if the error has been resolved.
Thats all , We have covered everything you need to know about how to fix DISM ‘Error 50’ on Windows.